THE BLOG: 3-1-3 Day!

Captain's blog.
Star Date: 3.1.3.1.3

What up, Doe?

Today is the thirteenth of the third month in the year twenty thirteen. In Detroit, it's known as 313 or THREE ONE THREE DAY! Ok. Let me give you some insight. The area code for Detroit is...313!! Hence, it's 3.1.3 day! 31313! A lucky day for those whose lucky number happens to be 13!

THIS IS EXCITING! I reviewed an email from +Motor City Workshops. In fact, two! They are having an abandoned building bus tour in Detroit coming this May and another is an AERIAL photography TOUR of Detroit happening in March on the 23rd! WOW! I would love to attend both. The bus tour is $100 and the aerial tour is $140. Can't do either, I'm afraid. However, there's more urban exploring on the horizon! I was told that photography is an expensive hobby. Man! They're not kidding! Lol! Hey! All good! I'm looking at it as investments for my future! Yeah, you have to spend some $$ to get some $$ back. Spending wisely is KEY!


I saw an ecard on +Facebook and I had to laugh!
Side note: yes, I DID feel guilty for laughing. Irish-Catholic guilt! Lol!
The caption read : Detroit, we're so bad-ass! Even our mayor is in jail!
There was a mug shot of a specific ex- mayor next to the caption.
Just desserts!

Lately, I've noticed that my blog is musing and rumination. I'm feeling rather reflective and even a bit introspective! It is Lent and I didn't give up anything for Lent. It is a time to reflect and atone. Sometimes, in lieu of going without guilty pleasures, I donate the money to rice bowls to help with world hunger. It is a noble cause. I haven't even done any of that this year! Now, don't go pointing fingers at me and say: "For Shame! For Shame!",I have been donating goodies at my job for the troops! At my job, collections are taken for the troops being deployed or coming home for treats to fill goody bags! I wish that we didn't have to do it! I wish that we could snap out fingers and ALL of the troops would be on the next flight to their families to come home to stay! Unfortunately, the nature of the man beast, contradicts the teachings of PEACE!

Sorry, that I haven't been posting many images. I've been taking loads of photos! Not many are that EPIC or worthy of my publishing them! Lol! It's just for the moment! Thanks to all who read my blog! I like to check out the statistics and find out which countries I've been read in! It's pretty international! For example, Belgium, Germany, Italy, The Ukraine, The UK, South Korea, Austrailia, Japan, Indonesia Ireland, Canada, The US, Romania, the list goes on!! THANKS to all!

Slainte! 🍀🍻
Peace out! ✌
Keep Calm
And
Chive on!
May the Force be with us all!💫



Comments

Popular Posts